Disabling file resuming with X-Accel / Removing headers

Adrián Navarro adrian at navarro.at
Tue Mar 6 23:45:02 UTC 2012

Thank you everyone for your answers.

max_ranges 0; works great if set in the main server {} directive.
Sadly, when put inside a location directive, it will not work. The
same applies for more_clear_headers.

The other thing I'm seeing is that while headers with max_range for
the whole directive does return correct headers, chrome still allows
pausing.

I better get some sleep and keep digging tomorrow.

Thank you, I'll follow up soon.

On Wed, Mar 7, 2012 at 12:24 AM, Francis Daly <francis at daoine.org> wrote:
> On Tue, Mar 06, 2012 at 11:56:32PM +0100, Adrián Navarro wrote:
>
> Hi there,
>
>> I am using nginx's X-Accel headers, and I want to disable file
>> resuming. That implies:
>> - suppresing output header "Accept-Ranges: bytes"
>> - suppresing input header "Range"
>
>> Anyone have any pointers? I'm running out of ideas now.
>
> Completely untested, and not a direct answer to "file resuming", but you
> asked for pointers, so maybe...
>
> If you want a response header from a fastcgi process not to be
> delivered to the client, see fastcgi_hide_header, for example at
> http://nginx.org/en/docs/http/ngx_http_fastcgi_module.html#fastcgi_hide_header
>
> If you want a request header not to be sent to a fastcgi process, set
> the matching parameter yourself to empty:
>
>  fastcgi_param HTTP_RANGE "";
>
> Good luck with it,

> --
> Francis Daly        francis at daoine.org