Multiple Upstream Servers Result in Error 310 (net::ERR_TOO_MANY_REDIRECTS)

Cliff Wells cliff at develix.com
Wed Mar 7 01:12:37 UTC 2012

On 03/06/2012 02:06 PM, Francis Daly wrote:
> My guess is that "first contact" information is not shared between the
> two jboss servers, so if serial requests from a single client don't
> always go to the same server, bad things happen. You should be able to
> see whether or not that is the case. With only one jboss server
> configured, all requests must go to it, and things should work, as you
> reported. All the best, f

Since the ip_hash worked, your assessment seems spot on.  However, one
thing that's still not making sense to me: in his reply, Matt states
that he tested with the HTTPS redirect disabled in JBoss and still had
the same issue.  I'm a bit unsure of how that could be (unless it was
still in effect, or the browser remembered the redirect).

Regards,
Cliff