How to sponsor a feature request?

Ed W lists at wildgooses.com
Wed Mar 7 03:10:57 UTC 2012

On 06/03/2012 23:47, Maxim Dounin wrote:
> Hello!
>
> On Tue, Mar 06, 2012 at 10:58:49PM +0000, Ed W wrote:
>
>> Hi, I have some interest in being able to use WebDAV in nginx with
>> enough conformance to be able to use it for file sharing (I think
>> this mainly means support for PROPFIND and OPTIONS ?)
>>
>> Is it affordable to either "encourage" development of this feature,
>> or are their regular people who can pickup development jobs like
>> this?
>>
>> I have had a brief look at what is required (mostly by comparing to
>> the various PHP/Perl workarounds) and it mostly looks
>> straightforward (especially if it's acceptable to cheat and assume
>> that allprop is in effect and all properties are always returned)
>>
>> Is there a recommended way to progess?  Just for reference, I'm not
>> a huge business with big pockets, so please keep suggestions
>> moderate?
> You may try Roman Arutyunyan's module:
> https://github.com/arut/nginx-dav-ext-module
>
> Maxim Dounin

Oh cool.  Thanks

Forgive me one more question:

The documentation gives examples of webdav permissions such as:
     dav_access user:rw group:rw all:r;

What do these groups actually refer to? Is this a straight mapping to
unix groups/users?

Ideally my users have login tokens which are their email addresses.  Any
suggestions on how to set auth access to users and groups of users given
they don't have local unix accounts?

Thanks

Ed W