proxy_buffering

nginxer nginx-forum at nginx.us
Thu Mar 15 11:10:47 UTC 2012

OK.
The last link from you was helpful!

But one last question to see if I got this right:

Imagine following scenario:

The proxy_buffers are empty. A client wants to visit let's say
google.com. Our php script gets the content of google.com, sends it to
the client and nginx will also buffer the response from google.com in a
proxy_buffer.

Is that right so far?

So the next time if a client wants to visit google.com nginx will take
the response from a proxy_buffer without making a request to
google.com.

Right?

If I understood it right, proxy_buffering is caching?

The term "proxied server" confused me...

Thanks Alexandr Gomoliako!

Posted at Nginx Forum: http://forum.nginx.org/read.php?2,223845,223877#msg-223877