Using Nginx to stream h.264 video

Kaya Saman kayasaman at gmail.com
Sat Mar 17 19:16:45 UTC 2012

On 03/17/2012 06:41 PM, Cliff Wells wrote:
> On Sat, 2012-03-17 at 17:53 +0000, Kaya Saman wrote:
>
>> Is this the mp4 module that I need to be able to stream or is there an
>> embedded solution?
> http://nginx.org/en/docs/http/ngx_http_mp4_module.html

Thanks. The links states:

" This module is not built by default, it should be enabled with the
|--with-http_mp4_module| configuration parameter. "

So does this mean that from the **official** repo stated below that
Nginx isn't built with this module???

If not then where do I find the source code to get it or can I grab the
module from the repo, as in yum install mp4_module?

>> Currently I'm running CentOS 6.2 as the server OS and have install Nginx
>> from the EPEL repo.... does this contain the module or do I need to get
>> the source code and compile it in?
> I would uninstall this and install from the official repositories
> instead (they are newer):
>
> http://wiki.nginx.org/Install#Official_Red_Hat.2FCentOS_packages
>
> Regards,
> Cliff