Whats the use of large_client_header_buffers if client_header_buffer_size exist?

Micheal Wolfskill tdgh2323 at hotmail.com
Sat Mar 24 00:44:31 UTC 2012

Hello All!

Suppose I have       client_header_buffer_size  to 1k;  ................. And i dont want anything to be sent past 1k...  Why would i ever have the need to use the large... variable?  Is it like having the possibility of "bursting" up to the value of "large_client_header_buffers" variable?

What so special with the  large_client_header_buffers that I cannot define it within a server {} ... on the contrary I can use client_header_buffer_size inside the a {} and locations... ?

Regards,
Mike