Custom error pages

Francis Daly francis at daoine.org
Wed Mar 28 21:16:19 UTC 2012

On Wed, Mar 28, 2012 at 03:42:45PM -0400, Bai Shen wrote:

Hi there,

> I got my error page to show up.  However, the css and image files don't
> load.  I tried changing the location, but that doesn't seem to work.
>
> Any suggestions?

Try changing the location again. Maybe it will work this time.

Or alternatively:

Please fill in the details:

That will be something like "curl -i http://myserver/myfile.css"

> > what did you see?

That will be whatever you got back -- the content of /var/tmp/myfile.css,
or the content of another file, or some error message. There might be
more details available in log files.

> > what did you expect to see?

That will be something like "http 200 and the content of
/usr/local/nginx/html/myfile.css".

> > and the more specific you are, the easier it will be for someone else to
> > reproduce the problem you are reporting.

Provide the relevant part of nginx.conf from a machine where you saw
the problem. If you don't know what is the relevant part, provide the
whole thing.

It doesn't have to be your "live" config, but it should be a config that
you ran on a test machine. The smaller the config, the better.

If you make it easy for someone to run the same server config as you,
and run the same client commands as you, and see the same error output
as you; then you make it easy for that person to try to help resolve the
problem you saw.

If you don't, you don't.

Francis Daly        francis at daoine.org