Enabling TLS 1.1/1.2 with Ubuntu Oneiric Packages?

mevans336 nginx-forum at nginx.us
Tue May 1 19:25:33 UTC 2012

Hello,

I have the correct variables enabled in my sites-available/default and
ssllabs reports that TLS v1 is available, but TLS v1.1 and TLS v1.2 are
not:

ssl_protocols           TLSv1.1 TLSv1.2 TLSv1 SSLv3;
ssl_ciphers             RC4:HIGH:!aNULL:!MD5;
ssl_prefer_server_ciphers on;

I am using the pre-built nginx 1.2 packages from 'deb
http://nginx.org/packages/ubuntu/ oneiric nginx' and I would like to
enable TLS 1.1/1.2. I'm running OpenSSL 1.0.0e and I understand I need
to run at least 1.0.1 for TLS 1.1/1.2 to be supported.

Is this a matter of just upgrading OpenSSL at the Ubuntu (Linux) level,
or will I need to build Nginx from source with the OpenSSL 1.0.1 libs?

As a secondary question, have any dates been thrown around as to when
packages will be released that enable TLS v1.1/v1.2?

Thanks as always,

Matt

Posted at Nginx Forum: http://forum.nginx.org/read.php?2,225949,225949#msg-225949