are Range requests for dynamic content supported?

David van Geest davidv at spindance.com
Tue May 1 21:53:22 UTC 2012

Hi,

I'm wondering if nginx supports Range requests for dynamic content
(say, from a Rails app via Passenger).

I've tried it out with static content, and it works as expected.  When
hitting a URL with dynamic content, however, nginx seems to ignore the
Range header, and it does not include a Accept-Ranges header in the
response.  I did notice that Rails was not returning a Content-Length
header, so I fixed that.  However, even with this header, I get the
same results.

I'm thinking the answer to this question is no, but I would like to
get some confirmation.  Thanks!

-David

--
David van Geest