Connection Time

Sparsh Gupta sparshgupta at gmail.com
Mon May 7 08:11:34 UTC 2012

Hello

I did several benchmarks and realized that my connection times with nginx
are:
Http: 60ms
Https: 700ms

I am using keepalive so that I can bypass connecting for subsequent
requests but in my scenario, almost 90% connections request only once and
hence keepalive only take up more resources while not really benefitting me
a lot. What I am looking is to have a configuration (nginx 1.2.0 on Debian
6 stable) so that I can reduce the connection times to my server

What are the parameters in nginx.conf and on kernel level that I should
tweak to get some improved connection times

Thanks
Sparsh Gupta