content-type header charset info problem

djeps nginx-forum at nginx.us
Thu May 10 15:51:01 UTC 2012

Hello,

I'm trying to add "charset=utf-8" to the Content-Type header.

When I don't use "Accept-Encoding:gzip, deflate", all is fine.

When I add the above request header, the response header excludes the
charset info from the Content-Type header.

I thoroughly read the documentation and it's not clear if it's by design
nor why I can't have both charset info into Content-Type and "Vary:
Accept-Encoding, User-Agent" response headers.

$ curl -s -D- -o/dev/null -H"Host:www.stripped.com" http://localhost/
HTTP/1.1 200 OK