How much work for Windows Multiple Process support?

itpp2012 nginx-forum at nginx.us
Mon May 21 14:54:17 UTC 2012

I think we might benefit more from solving the select problem, with 8
separate workers as mentioned before you're still stuck to 1024*8 which
isn't that much more, found an interesting discussion about select, why
it's used and why it should not be used on windows systems:
http://groups.google.com/group/alt.winsock.programming/browse_thread/thread/a041475f7312f9c5

If select was rewritten you could run 4 worker_processes with 10.000
worker_connections each on their own cpu. Windows can handle this just
as easy as Linux folks.

Posted at Nginx Forum: http://forum.nginx.org/read.php?2,226147,226690#msg-226690