[ANNOUNCE] Tengine-1.3.0

Joshua Zhu zhuzhaoyuan at gmail.com
Mon May 28 07:16:36 UTC 2012

Hi folks,

We're glad to announce that Tengine-1.3.0 has been released. As this
release, we'll follow the standard Nginx way, i.e. we'll have two branches,
the 'stable' branch (currently 1.3.x) and the 'development' branch. This
would allow more flexbility in adding new features to the 'development'
branch, while keeping the 'stable' branch stable enough.

You can either download the tarball from Tengine's website:
http://tengine.taobao.org/download/tengine-1.3.0.tar.gz or clone the source
from github: https://github.com/taobao/tengine

This release includes the interesting and powerful Lua module (a.k.a.
ngx_lua) imported by chaoslawful, and a new mechanism to support standalone
processes. Full changelog is as follows:
*) Feature: added the Lua module which embeds the power of Lua into
Tengine. (chaoslawful, agentzh)
*) Feature: added the procs module which provides a mechanism to support
standalone processes. (yuanzhuo)
*) Change: renamed the parameter from 'nongreedy' to 'greedy' in the
user_agent module. (xiongjunmin)
*) Bugfix: fixed a segmentation fault bug in syslog with uninitialized
pointer problem. (weiyue)
*) Bugfix: fixed a compile error in syslog with '--with-ipv6' configuration
parameter. (weiyue)

For those who don't know Tengine, it is a free and open source distribution
of Nginx with some advanced features. See our website for more details:
http://tengine.taobao.org

Have fun!

Regards,

--