Nginx 404 showing when I configured for a custom 404 page

Quintin Par quintinpar at gmail.com
Thu May 31 23:16:57 UTC 2012

Thanks Maxim.

Is there a way I can debug this?

This is for 404 and since there are no errors for 404’s from my hunch this
should be working. I use static for 500's

Also how do I exclude error pages form limits? Is there a standard
pattern?  I do rate limiting like this

   limit_req_zone $binary_remote_addr zone=pw:30m rate=20r/m;

        location / {

                    if (-f /var/www/statichtmls/build.html) {

                return 503;

            }

                    limit_req zone=pw burst=5 nodelay;

for the whole site.