[ANN] ngx_openresty devel version 1.2.4.9 released

agentzh agentzh at gmail.com
Tue Nov 20 23:47:31 UTC 2012

Hello, folks!

I am happy to announce the new development version of ngx_openresty, 1.2.4.9:

    http://openresty.org/#Download

Special thanks go to all our contributors and users for helping make
this happen!

Below is the complete change log for this release, as compared to the
last (devel) release, 1.2.4.7:

 *   upgraded LuaJIT to 2.0.0 final.

     *   change logs: <http://luajit.org/changes.html>

 *   upgraded LuaNginxModule to 0.7.5.

     *   bugfix: ngx.req.clear_header() would result in memory
         invalid reads when removing the 21st, 41st, 61st (and etc)
         request headers. thanks Umesh Sirsiwal for reporting this
         issue.

     *   bugfix: ngx.log() would truncate the log messages which have
         null characters ("\0") in it. thanks Wang Xi for reporting
         this issue.

     *   docs: eliminated the use of "package.seeall" in code samples
         and also explicitly discouraged the use of it.

     *   docs: documented the special case that client closes the
         connection before ngx.req.socket() finishes reading the
         whole body.

 *   upgraded HeadersMoreNginxModule to 0.19.

     *   bugfix: more_clear_input_headers would result in memory
         invalid reads when removing the 21st, 41st, 61st (and etc)
         request headers. thanks Umesh Sirsiwal for reporting this
         issue.

     *   docs: fixed an issue in the sample code that tried to clear
         "Transfer-Encoding" which cannot actually be cleared. thanks
         koukou73gr.

 *   upgraded LuaRestyStringLibrary to 0.08.

     *   bugfix: the "new()" method in the "resty.aes" module might
         use a random key when the "method" option is omitted in the
         "hash" table argument. thanks wsser for the patch.

     *   feature: we now return a second string describing the error
         when either "iv" or "key" is bad.

 *   bugfix: "./configure --with-pcre=PATH" did not accept relative
     paths as "PATH". thanks smallfish for reporting this issue.

The HTML version of the change log with lots of helpful hyper-links
can be browsed here:

    http://openresty.org/#ChangeLog1002004

OpenResty (aka. ngx_openresty) is a full-fledged web application
server by bundling the standard Nginx core, lots of 3rd-party Nginx
modules and Lua libraries, as well as most of their external
dependencies. See OpenResty's homepage for details:

    http://openresty.org/

We have been running extensive testing on our Amazon EC2 test cluster
and ensure that all the components (including the Nginx core) play
well together. The latest test report can always be found here:

    http://qa.openresty.org

Enjoy!
-agentzh