Please help with optimization

otherjohn nginx-forum at nginx.us
Thu Oct 4 11:32:19 UTC 2012

Thanks Stephen,
Our DB setup is an external RDS MySql Large DB Instance: 7.5 GB memory, 4
ECUs (2 virtual cores with 2 ECUs each), 64-bit platform, High I/O Capacity.

There is not much I can do to increase the performance on this but I don't
think it's whats causing the problem.
The web server has no traffic (except for me) and the DB is only being used
for one other site. Based on its reports, it looks like if we did this
migration at peak traffic time, it still won't touch 80% of DB usage.

John