[ANN] ngx_openresty stable version 1.2.3.8 released

agentzh agentzh at gmail.com
Mon Oct 8 22:19:55 UTC 2012

Hello, folks!

I am happy to announce the new stable version of ngx_openresty, 1.2.3.8:

   http://openresty.org/#Download

This release is exactly the same as the last development release, 1.2.3.7.

This is the final release based on the Nginx 1.2.3 core. The next
(development) release will be based on Nginx 1.2.4 (or later if
exists).

Also, I'll start the new 0.7.x release series for the ngx_lua module,
which features the new "light threads" API developed on the git
"thread" branch of the ngx_lua project. You can see more on ngx_lua's
"light threads" in the following post on the openresty-en mailing
list:

    http://groups.google.com/group/openresty-en/browse_thread/thread/c14e27a459964056

You're still very welcome to comment on this new feature :)

The following components are bundled with this release:

 *   LuaJIT-2.0.0-beta10

 *   array-var-nginx-module-0.03rc1

 *   auth-request-nginx-module-0.2

 *   drizzle-nginx-module-0.1.4

 *   echo-nginx-module-0.41

 *   encrypted-session-nginx-module-0.02

 *   form-input-nginx-module-0.07rc5

 *   headers-more-nginx-module-0.18

 *   iconv-nginx-module-0.10rc7

 *   lua-5.1.5

 *   lua-cjson-1.0.3

 *   lua-rds-parser-0.05

 *   lua-redis-parser-0.10

 *   lua-resty-dns-0.08

 *   lua-resty-memcached-0.08

 *   lua-resty-mysql-0.10

 *   lua-resty-redis-0.14

 *   lua-resty-string-0.06

 *   lua-resty-upload-0.03

 *   memc-nginx-module-0.13rc3

 *   nginx-1.2.3

 *   ngx_coolkit-0.2rc1

 *   ngx_devel_kit-0.2.17

 *   ngx_lua-0.6.10

 *   ngx_postgres-1.0rc2

 *   rds-csv-nginx-module-0.05rc2

 *   rds-json-nginx-module-0.12rc10

 *   redis-nginx-module-0.3.6

 *   redis2-nginx-module-0.09

 *   set-misc-nginx-module-0.22rc8

 *   srcache-nginx-module-0.16

 *   xss-nginx-module-0.03rc9

OpenResty (aka. ngx_openresty) is a full-fledged web application
server by bundling the standard Nginx core, lots of 3rd-party Nginx
modules, as well as most of their external dependencies. See
OpenResty's homepage for details:

    http://openresty.org/

We have been running extensive testing on our Amazon EC2 test cluster
and ensure that all the components (including the Nginx core) play
well together. The latest test report can always be found here:

    http://qa.openresty.org

Enjoy!
-agentzh