Encrypting traffic between Nginx and App Server backend (via FastCGI)

Some Developer someukdeveloper at gmail.com
Tue Oct 16 08:58:56 UTC 2012

I was wondering if it was possible to encrypt traffic between an Nginx
front end and an app server back end? I have a Django application
running and can have the traffic between the Django app and the database
encrypted using SSL and can have traffic from the internet at large and
Nginx encrypted also using SSL but I need to have the traffic between
the Nginx server and the Django app server encrypted as well. Is there a
method to accomplish this?

Thank you for any help.