Nginx php-fpm setp fastcgi_pass_header not being set

hsrmmr nginx-forum at nginx.us
Thu Oct 18 13:21:58 UTC 2012

I am using  Nginx + php-fpm setup

I noticed that I could set fastcgi_param  however  fastcgi_pass_header is
not being set. I tried to print $_SERVER in php which has only
fastcgi_params and not fastcgi_pass_headers.

My queries are:
1. Is there any additional configuration parameter needed for
fastcgi_pass_headers? I have set 'underscores_in_headers on;', however
headers I am trying to set don't have underscores. I tried to manipulate
client request headers (through TamperData) it works fine as by default it
is on.

2. Is there any other way to check (apart from _SERVER) to check if headers
are set properly while passing to php-fpm?

Any help is appreciated.

I have following configuration:

fastcgi_param  SERVER_PORT        $server_port;
fastcgi_param  SERVER_NAME        $server_name;

fastcgi_pass_header Authorization;
fastcgi_pass_header Host;

fastcgi_pass_header X-Real-IP;
fastcgi_pass_header X-Forwarded-For;

location block looks like following:

 location ~ \.php(.*)$ {
        try_files $uri =404;

        root           /home/myntradomain/public_html;
        fastcgi_pass   127.0.0.1:9000;
        fastcgi_index  index.php;
        fastcgi_param  SCRIPT_FILENAME  $document_root$fastcgi_script_name;
        include        /etc/nginx/fastcgi_params;
    }

Posted at Nginx Forum: http://forum.nginx.org/read.php?2,231973,231973#msg-231973