Strange problem with cache

florian.iragne nginx-forum at nginx.us
Fri Oct 26 11:57:08 UTC 2012

Ok, now i understand. The browser sends a request withe the
if-not-modified-since corresponding to one server to the other server, and
this one reply with 200 since the mtime is in the future of the
if-not-modified-since

is there any simple solution to handle this? I don't want to rsync assets
between the servers

I use django in my project and its static/collectstatic process. So, i force
the mtime of each static file collected, afet each collecstatic operation. I
give the command line if someone fall in the same trap:
./manage.py collectstatic --noinput && find static -type f -exec touch -t
$(date +%m%d%H)00 '{}' \;

Now, the cache is working as intended and my servers are in active-active
setup.

Thanks for your answer that leads me to the solution

Posted at Nginx Forum: http://forum.nginx.org/read.php?2,232235,232254#msg-232254