Photo uploads and scalability

"Paweł Marzec - cojestgrane.pl" pawel at cojestgrane.pl
Sat Sep 1 07:06:36 UTC 2012

upload_module removes uploaded files from body and replaces them with
paths to temporary files where there are stored at end.

So your backend don't have to parse body again to extract files from
it. Parsing costs memory & cpu.

If you upload photos, they will land on disk. Your backend can analyze
them briefly, make first thumb to be shown back to user and ask/
schedule other workers to make scalling/rotating and any image
processing you want to be done later in real background.

I'm happy user of upload_module ;-)
in tandem with uploadprogress_module

It is easy to setup, very.

imho: it's worthwhile

Regards
Paweł Marzec

Wiadomość napisana w dniu 2012-09-01, o godz. 07:17, przez Ian Evans: