X-Accel-Redirect testing

w00t nginx-forum at nginx.us
Wed Sep 26 08:17:36 UTC 2012

Jonathan Matthews Wrote:

> No. This is a /response/ header from (typically) a dynamic backend
> which instructs nginx to serve some piece of static content, thus
> freeing up the backend for more intelligent, heavy-weight request
> handling. There are more sophisticated uses, but you should at least
> understand this basic use case before attempting them.

Hello Jonathan,

Thanks for the reply. I'd love to at least understand the basics, in fact
this is what I'm trying to do. It's a bit hard when there's no thorough
documentation and all responses found on internet are vague.

You are saying that it will work only when Nginx is a reverse proxy and
receives a response from another backend, like Apache. But I want Apache as
frontend and Nginx as backend. Should I focus on Xsendfile?

Posted at Nginx Forum: http://forum.nginx.org/read.php?2,231059,231071#msg-231071