echo_location Not Working

agentzh agentzh at gmail.com
Thu Sep 27 18:01:40 UTC 2012

Hello!

On Wed, Sep 26, 2012 at 10:03 AM, adamchal wrote:
> Anybody having issues with the echo_location (and echo_location_async)
> directive?  I have tried to get this to work with v1.1.18 and v1.3.6, and
> they both exhibit the same behavior.  Basically, only the output from the
> /main block is echo'd out.
>
> My nginx config (basically a copy-and-paste) from the echo module's
> documentation:
>
>     location /main {
>         echo_reset_timer;
>         echo_location_async GET /sub1;

I think you really mean "echo_subrequest_async" here? The
echo_location_async directive does not take a request method as its
first argument, so the "GET" argument above will be interpreted as the
subrequest URI (and "/sub1" will be taken as the querystring), which
is surely not what you want ;) See the documentation for details:

    http://wiki.nginx.org/HttpEchoModule#echo_location_async

And also

    http://wiki.nginx.org/HttpEchoModule#echo_subrequest_async

Best regards,