Split words into caracters

Larry nginx-forum at nginx.us
Tue Apr 2 09:41:07 UTC 2013

Hi !

I don't know if it is the right way to go, and I hope to hear from you if it
is not.

My concern is about the selection of a file traversing a tree. I have a
bunch of hashed directories (dozens of millions) on different servers.
As for performance reasons, I would like to avoid having to many
sub-directories in the same directory.

I would rather have this scheme :
1234/5678/90AB/CDEF/1234/5678/90AB/CDEF/myfile
It would help proxying to the right server and so on.

Will the traverse be fast enought ? Every directory is approx 100kb heavy
(really light).

But other than openresty, i didn't see any implementation inside nginx to
split any word or cookie. C is faster than lua, so it would be a good bet.
Well, I think.

What is your word on it ?

Thanks !

Larry