proxy_cache_path's max_size being violated/ignored

Maxim Dounin mdounin at mdounin.ru
Mon Apr 8 18:42:02 UTC 2013

Hello!

On Mon, Apr 08, 2013 at 01:16:34PM -0400, gwinans wrote:

> Maxim Dounin Wrote:
> > Hello!
> >

> ** snip**
>
> > Have you tried without the cache purge module compiled in?
> >
> > --
> > Maxim Dounin
>
> I have not -- this is actually an RPM-build from the Atomic Repo. Wouldn't
> removing said purge module disable the ability for it to clear items? Or
> does this module have some other purpose?

Purge module is a 3rd party module to allow selective removal of
cache items via HTTP requests.  It is not required for normal
operation of nginx cache.

(On the other hand, it may iterfere with normal cache operations
and may cause problems you observe, much like any other 3rd party
module.  That's why we usually ask people to reproduce the issue
without 3rd party modules/patches as one of first investigation
steps.)

http://nginx.org/en/donation.html