large_client_header_buffers directive is accepted, but ignored

Scott semackenzie at gmail.com
Fri Apr 12 13:57:38 UTC 2013

Thanks for the reply Maxim.

We are performing a rather large data update via our api using GET and have
hit this error.  The changes to both nginx.conf and to the vhosts make no
difference and the process dies with 414 at the same line of the update.

After some more resarch we came across a post on browser URL limits.  Do you
think that we are hitting the maximum limit for GET and that is the reason
why the adjustments are not making any difference?

*Reference link:*
http://stackoverflow.com/questions/417142/what-is-the-maximum-length-of-a-url-in-different-browsers

Thoughts?