nginx reverse proxy 502 bad gateway error

Maxim Dounin mdounin at mdounin.ru
Fri Apr 12 16:34:49 UTC 2013

Hello!

On Fri, Apr 12, 2013 at 12:23:53PM -0400, cruise wrote:

> Hello,
>
> I am getting 502 bad gateway error while trying to setup nginx server as
> reverse proxy server with caching enabled. Both servers are on seperate
> machines, another server having apache web server.
>
> Given below are my config files, please help me.
>
> nginx.conf
> ---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
> user  www www;
>
> worker_processes 1;
>
> error_log  /home/wwwlogs/nginx_error.log  crit;

First of all, try the following:

1) Configure you error log at some sensible level, e.g. "notice".

2) Reproduce the issue and look into error log.

If after the above steps you still won't be able to resolve the
issue yourself, try asking here again with error log information
included.

http://nginx.org/en/donation.html