how to debug memory leak/grow

gadh nginx-forum at nginx.us
Mon Apr 22 08:38:25 UTC 2013

in my nginx, compiled with my modules, i see that under every day usage (its
on a web site , i cannot reproduce this in my lab) the memory usage of nginx
grows all the time, it has many open connections (but the total number of
connections is high but stays roughly the same over time) and aftert a week
or so it consumes about 7GB of ram so i have to reload its processes (8
cores  = 8 nginx workers).

can somebody help me on how to debug this ? which tools you use ? valgrind
did not help, even after applying the patches to nginx core for debugging
with it.

Posted at Nginx Forum: http://forum.nginx.org/read.php?2,238529,238529#msg-238529