rewrite difficulty

Tseveendorj Ochirlantuu tseveendorj at gmail.com
Thu Aug 1 07:11:05 UTC 2013

Hello,

My understanding is on Apache rules like follow and convert it to nginx

If anyone request anything except follow URI /file/, /install/, /design/,
/plugins/, /phpmyadmin/ then nginx will forward anything to
/index.php?do=anything

RewriteCond %{REQUEST_URI} !^/file/.*
RewriteCond %{REQUEST_URI} !^/install/.*
RewriteCond %{REQUEST_URI} !^/design/.*
RewriteCond %{REQUEST_URI} !^/plugins/.*
RewriteCond %{REQUEST_URI} !^/phpmyadmin/.*
RewriteRule ^(/.*)$ /index.php?do=$1 [L]

nginx

location / {
if ( $request_uri !~ ^(/file/|/install/|/design/|/plugins/|/phpmyadmin/)) {
rewrite ^(/.*)$ /index.php?do=$1;

Is this right ? It works on my server. I'm confusing where I need to put
this rewrite. Am I right ?

On Tue, Apr 30, 2013 at 10:01 AM, Jonathan Matthews <contact at jpluscplusm.com