trouble building nginx from dotdeb

ovidiu nginx-forum at nginx.us
Sun Aug 18 07:46:43 UTC 2013

I'm trying to follow this tutorial:
http://www.howtoforge.com/using-ngx_pagespeed-with-nginx-on-debian-wheezy to
build nginx with ngx_pagespeed on a Debian Wheezy machine. Unfortunately so
far I have been using nginx from dotdeb so I'm trying to use their sources.

The error occurs when building:

debuild -us -uc
.
.
.
make: *** [config.status.full] Error 1
dpkg-buildpackage: error: debian/rules build gave error exit status 2
debuild: fatal error at line 1357:
dpkg-buildpackage -rfakeroot -D -us -uc failed

the rules file has only 319 lines though and ends with:

.PHONY: build clean binary-indep binary-arch binary install

so I'm not sure what the exact problem is. Any hints how to further diagnose
this error?

Posted at Nginx Forum: http://forum.nginx.org/read.php?2,241972,241972#msg-241972