Upload timeouts after about 30 seconds

webmastersitesi nginx-forum at nginx.us
Sat Aug 24 19:24:58 UTC 2013

Hello,

I've a problem with file upload and googling and checking with everything
didn't help to solve it.

The problem is when file is being uploaded larger than few megs browser
repeats request after about 30 seconds, and on the second request after
another 30-40s it throws connection reset and nginx has 408 error on that
post request, no other errors in nginx nor in php.

related settings to fiel upload are:

    client_body_buffer_size   1m;
    client_header_buffer_size 128k;
    client_max_body_size      1000m;

    client_body_timeout   500;
    client_header_timeout 500;
    keepalive_timeout     500 500;
    send_timeout          500;

    keepalive_requests      100;
    tcp_nodelay on;
    reset_timedout_connection on;

server works with php (php-fpm) with socket. standart configuration.

nginx.conf:
    client_max_body_size 42m;

php.ini:
memory_limit = 64M
post_max_size = 40M
upload_max_filesize = 32M

it works fine for me with that settings. I havent speficied any timeout
settings you used.
Have you edited php.ini for php-fpm? If not - default upload file size is 2M

Posted at Nginx Forum:

Of course I set correct php settings settings:

memory_limit => 512M
post_max_size => 1000M
upload_max_filesize => 1000M

Posted at Nginx Forum: http://forum.nginx.org/read.php?2,242188,242188#msg-242188