nginx - workers segfaulting

Lukas Tribus luky-37 at hotmail.com
Wed Dec 4 09:36:58 UTC 2013

Hi!

> The patch as in the ticket is wrong, it only hides the real
> problem. Proper patch to solve the problem is to be coded.
>
> As the problem can be easily resolved by using symmetrical session
> cache configuration (better yet, using a single session cache at
> http level), it's not a high priority task.

Agreed, the configuration workaround is viable; but the problem lies
in the actual troubleshooting. Coming to this conclusion takes time,
time the users don't have when the workers are crashing. Its not always
possible to rollback the configuration or understanding right away what
particularity caused the crash (after a move of vhosts from one server to
another for example).

So perhaps until a proper fix is ready, we can add a note in the documentation:
http://nginx.org/en/docs/http/ngx_http_ssl_module.html#ssl_session_cache

Its not about the workaround, its about knowing such issues and limitations
in advance.

Regards,

Lukas