location{} hassles:(

Matthew Ngaha chigga101 at gmail.com
Thu Dec 5 01:10:53 UTC 2013

Hey all I can't seem to get the hang of how to use/write location
blocks. I have mailed the list before and I do understand how it works
but what I've tried fails.

I have tried a few things and in both cases i don't think what i'm
doing is making a difference. Here they are:

                              http://bpaste.net/show/YXFXLuJ1Uc1UFQDc8ctn/

The 1st test was to put location {} nested into the main location {}
that was already in nginx.conf. I put the "deny  all;" just to see if
it would find or ignore/ my new location {} but the nested location
test directory/file isn't denying access.

The 2nd  location {} test is below the main one. In the installed
nginx folder it uses html/ as the root, i tried to create a test
"delete" folder as an alternative location to the html root folder but
i can't seem to get it right. My browser returns a "404 Not Found"
when i try to access files in localhost/delete.

In both cases my added locations {} are being ignored. Any ideas what i can do?