alias

Matthew Ngaha chigga101 at gmail.com
Tue Dec 10 22:17:25 UTC 2013

> On Mon, Dec 09, 2013 at 05:03:55PM +0000, Matthew Ngaha wrote:

> Where does the example come from? It may be worth asking the author to
> fix it.

Hi Francis It was from nginx http server

>> http {
>>    server {
>>        server_name localhost;
>>        root /var/www/website.com/html;
>>         location /admin/ {
>>         alias /var/www/locked/;
>>       }
>>    }
>> }
>
> If you ask for http://localhost/request.html, nginx will try to
> send the file /var/www/website.com/html/request.html. If you ask for
> http://localhost/admin/request.html, nginx will try to send the file
> /var/www/locked/request.html.

The problem i've been having after looking in the error logs,is that
it's still trying to find /admin/ in the default html root. I've tried
new locations, new roots inside these new locations for /admin/, and
now ive tried alias. All have been 404 Not Found due to nginx
searching for these paths in root html; ..Any ideas how i can write
this? Here's is my default setup, how could i create an alternative
path from the root.

    server {
        listen       80;
        server_name  localhost;
        root   html;
        #charset koi8-r;

        #access_log  logs/host.access.log  main;
        }

Also i don't know how this message will turn out, i only recieve daily
digests so i had to reply to the digest and not individual the mail
itself. Is there a way to stop recieving nginx mail via digests and
just recieve each individual mail?