hello

Ilan Berkner ilan at time4learning.com
Sun Dec 15 15:25:28 UTC 2013

Nginx does not use the .htaccess file, only Apache does.  To prevent all
users from accessing your site, except those coming from Israel, you can
use the MaxMind Geo IP database in conjunction with an if statement in the
Nginx configuration file.  See
http://eng.eelcowesemann.nl/linux-unix-android/nginx/nginx-blocking/ for an
example.  Note that use of the "if" statement is not considered a great
idea, see: http://wiki.nginx.org/IfIsEvil.

Ilan

On Sun, Dec 15, 2013 at 10:21 AM, nginx14 <nginx-forum at nginx.us> wrote:

> Hello, I have a nginx server is enabled.
> And I have a file called htaccess
> The file should cause to allowing accessed only from Israel.
>
> But the file does not work,
> I realized that it is related to nginx only.
>
> What can you do?
>
> Posted at Nginx Forum:
> http://forum.nginx.org/read.php?2,245545,245545#msg-245545

Ilan Berkner
Chief Technology Officer
Time4Learning.com

6300 NE 1st Ave., Suite 203
Ft. Lauderdale, FL 33334
(954) 771-0914

<http://www.twitter.com/time4learning> <http://www.facebook.com/Time4Learning>

Time4Learning.com - Online interactive curriculum for home use, PreK-8th
Grade.
Time4Writing.com - Online writing tutorials for high, middle, and
elementary school students.
Time4Learning.net - A forum to chat with parents online about kids,
education, parenting and more.
spellingcity.com - Online vocabulary and spelling activities for teachers,
parents and students.