sent_http_HEADER Volatile under Nginx 1.2.4

Paul Taylor me at ptylr.com
Mon Dec 16 12:38:59 UTC 2013

Hi Maxim,

Ok, thanks for the clarification.

So to confirm, we are looking for the value of the sent header from the upstream, to identify whether the content should be served from the cache, or the upstream. Does this therefore mean that the code that we have below, will check for the X-No-Cache header, and if present, will always render the content from the upstream (no cache), and that if not present, will enable the result to be cacheable? If so, and it is only the reporting of the X-Cache-Status value that is rendering a false value, then this will give us what we want?

If not, then what suggestions would you have for caching only on the basis of this sent http header being present?

Thanks again…nearly there ;)

Paul