Proxy buffering

Maxim Dounin mdounin at mdounin.ru
Wed Dec 18 15:21:13 UTC 2013

Hello!

On Wed, Dec 18, 2013 at 12:45:37PM +0200, Pasi Kärkkäinen wrote:

> On Wed, Dec 18, 2013 at 01:34:37AM -0500, Downchuck wrote:
> > Is there a large technical barrier to implementing this feature? Patches
> > have been available for some time at: http://yaoweibin.cn/patches/
> >

> Hi,
>
> Based on my testing the no_buffer v8 patch works OK with nginx 1.4.x!
> http://yaoweibin.cn/patches/nginx-1.4.2-no_buffer-v8.patch
>
> Maxim: Have you taken a look at the no_buffer-v8 patch?
>
> It would be very nice to get this feature upstreamed to nginx..

While it looks mostly working (some parts seems to be missing
though - e.g., using chunked encoding requires appropriate headers
to be sent to upstream, and HTTP/1.1 used), it seems to introduce
too much code duplication.  It needs to be addressed somehow
before we'll able to commit it.

I'll plan to work on this and related problems at the start of
next year.

http://nginx.org/