Nginx randomly crashes

Maxim Dounin mdounin at mdounin.ru
Fri Feb 1 11:34:41 UTC 2013

Hello!

On Fri, Feb 01, 2013 at 12:11:58PM +0100, Patrick Lists wrote:

> On 02/01/2013 12:07 PM, rg00 wrote:
> >I really need ldap authentication, is there an alternative to that module?
>
> A quick google gave:
>
> https://github.com/kvspb/nginx-auth-ldap

This one blocks as well.

There is no non-blocking API in PAM, hence correct nginx module to
use PAM for authentication is something impossible to write.  And
LDAP client libraries out there are blocking too, so writing LDAP
authentication module isn't something simple.

> http://forum.nginx.org/read.php?2,18552

Yep, using X-Accel-Redirect is a good way to handle any
needed authentication/authorization.

Alternatively, one may use auth request module:

http://mdounin.ru/hg/ngx_http_auth_request_module

I wrote it once tired reading questions about PAM/LDAP/whatever
authentication modules and various blocking solutions people write
and try to use.  Compared to X-Accel-Redirect it is simplier for
general use.

http://nginx.com/support.html