HDD util is 100% - aio questions

Lukas Tribus luky-37 at hotmail.com
Mon Feb 4 18:29:14 UTC 2013

Yes, I'm aware, thats why I told him to monitor the box carefully. However, async IO is not so easy to accomplish under linux, and since he is also using the streaming module, things can get complicated.

I wonder if switching to FreeBSD would be a better idea to avoid the linux AIO limitations (as in the nginx documentation).

Anyway, he needs to do some serious testing/thinking/spending time with it. Nobody will come up with the perfect configuration for him resolving all the issues.