Timeout serving large requests

Anatoly Mikhailov anatoly at sonru.com
Wed Feb 13 19:47:53 UTC 2013

Actually you can still use passenger standalone to have it independent
from the nginx binary (no need to compile it inside). In that case
passenger should not affect on request interruptions.

The reason to use something else can be zero-downtime practice,
if you would go with Unicorn, try to check the ready-to-use config:
https://gist.github.com/mikhailov/3052776

You know, it's the same approach as for any Unix
signals-based binary (master/workers) USR2+QUIT roll out.

Anatoly