Using Nginx auth in PHP scripts

B.R. reallfqq-nginx at yahoo.fr
Tue Feb 26 22:26:49 UTC 2013

Thanks to both of you, I got the info I was seeking for.

However, when I try to activate the fastcgi_param, the content doesn't seem
to reach PHP anymore.
No error logged neither in Nginx nor PHP it seems.
I feel like I am a noob... oO

server {
        listen          80;
        server_name     ~ab.cd$;
        root            /var/web/$host;
        index           index.html index.php;
        try_files       $uri    $uri/   =404;
        access_log      /var/log/nginx/ab.cd/access.log main;
        error_log       /var/log/nginx/ab.cd/error.log warn;
        include         conf.d/includes/fastcgi.conf;
        auth_basic              "Get out!";
        auth_basic_user_file    /var/web/ab.cd.htpasswd;

        location ~ \.php$ {
                fastcgi_pass    unix:/var/run/php-fpm.sock;

                #If the following is activated, no more PHP output...
Something is wrong
#                fastcgi_param   MY_GREAT_USER      $remote_user;

---
*B. R.*