nginx post response doesn't get cached

Maxim Dounin mdounin at mdounin.ru
Fri Jan 4 12:32:55 UTC 2013

Hello!

On Fri, Jan 04, 2013 at 01:53:39AM -0500, nurettin wrote:

> Hi Maxim Dounin!
>
> The proxy already caches small post responses. My cache key is request uri
> and body. I just don't know how to increase the buffer.

There are no buffers which influence request cacheability.

I would recommend you to check if max_size= configured in
proxy_cache_path (if any) is big enough to store responses you
want to cache.  If it is, you may want to produce debug log to
investigate what goes on, see here for details

http://nginx.org/en/docs/debugging_log.html

You may also want to upgrade to make sure you are not hitting some
old bug.  The 0.8.x branch is way too old.

http://nginx.com/support.html