Not logging access to favicon.ico

Mik J mikydevel at yahoo.fr
Thu Jan 17 21:35:52 UTC 2013

Hello,

I'm really new to Nginx so forgive me if this question seems obvious to you.

I have Nginx with virtual hosts. In my nginx.conf I have
http {
 include /etc/nginx/sites-enabled/*;

In /etc/nginx/sites-enabled/ I have my configuration such as default

server {
        listen 80 default_server;
        server_name _;
        index index.html;
        root /var/nginx/html;
        access_log /var/log/nginx/default.access.log;
}

I would like all my virtual hosts to have some global properties such as
location = /favicon.ico {
return 204;
access_log off;
log_not_found off;
}
so that I won't log access and errors relative to favicon.ico

But it's not clear to me, where I should put this statement in order to have a minimalistic configuration.

Thank you