Nginx flv stream gets too slow on 2000 concurrent connections

shahzaib shahzaib shahzaib.cb at gmail.com
Thu Jan 24 11:30:13 UTC 2013

I have got an idea of preventing users to download videos from our site, so
they just can stream videos and that way will save our bandwidth. We have
used one of nginx module "limit_conn 1" so nobody will be able to download
stream. But this thing has a major drawback of stream i.e if four users are
streaming videos under a LAN network with same ip, other 3 won't be able to
stream videos due to 1st user, who's already streaming it and when he'll
finish streaming it'll resume for 2nd user and vice virsa.

Can someone guide me if we can just prevent downloading but stream remains
the same ?