HDD util is 100% - aio questions

Lukas Tribus luky-37 at hotmail.com
Mon Jan 28 09:34:37 UTC 2013

AIO will not work with the streaming module:

http://nginx.org/en/docs/http/ngx_http_core_module.html#aio

On Linux, directio can only be used for reading blocks that are aligned on 512-byte boundaries (or 4K for XFS). Reading of unaligned file’s end is still made in blocking mode. The same holds true for byte range requests, and for FLV requests not from the beginning of a file: reading of unaligned data at the beginning and end of a file will be blocking. There is no need to turn off sendfile explicitly as it is turned off automatically when directio is used.

What is your exact configuration? What OS do you use, what load and what disk and RAM configuration do you have?