Buffer messages in log even with buffering turned off

Christopher Opena counterveil at gmail.com
Mon Jan 28 19:25:12 UTC 2013

On Mon, Jan 28, 2013 at 10:58 AM, Francis Daly <francis at daoine.org> wrote:

> If you want to ensure that the client request body is not buffered to
> disk, you want to make sure that your client_body_buffer_size is larger
> than your client_max_body_size. And be willing to refuse any client
> request body bigger than that.
>
> > client_max_body_size  0;
>
> http://nginx.org/r/client_max_body_size
>
> Sets the maximum allowed size of the client request body. Setting size
> to 0 disables client request body size checking.
>
> > proxy_max_temp_file_size 0;
>
> http://nginx.org/r/proxy_max_temp_file_size
>
> For responses from the proxied server.
>

> Look at http://nginx.org/en/docs/http/ngx_http_core_module.html
>
> You probably want directives which start "client_body_".

Thanks for the rapid reply, Francis.  So it seems that even if we disable
client request body size checking altogether (setting to 0), we still have
to set all the other client_body_ checks?  The primary aim is to just let
Nginx pass through any traffic regardless of size because we are mostly
using Nginx as a proxy / pass-through / load-balancing mechanism doing a
hand-off to Apache until we can finally get our app off Apache and fully
convert to Nginx.