Need to add expires header conditionally based on mime types

Silver Moon m00n.silv3r at gmail.com
Fri Jun 14 03:41:51 UTC 2013

the

putting $upstream_http_content_type or $sent_http_content_type or
$content_type inside "if" does not work.
i wish someone could test and provide a working example.

none of the samples shown in the stackoverflow post work.

i tested enough and found that only $sent_http_content_type  contains the
http response Content-type
and that can be tested like this

add_header TEST $sent_http_content_type

however putting that inside an if and trying to add further headers inside
that if will not work
i opened a ticket in trac and they said that it does not work like that

however no one confirms if it is strictly possible or impossible.

On Fri, Jun 14, 2013 at 10:00 AM, Miguel Clara <miguelmclara at gmail.com>wrote:

>  From what you describe I do think the suggested nginx config is enough...
>
> However maybe you're looking for something like this:
>

> http://stackoverflow.com/questions/14631044/expires-header-based-on-dynamic-content-type-in-nginx
>
> Not really sure if it suits you're needs, but It seems this is what you're
> looking for.
>
> You can also find more info on mime type here:
> http://wiki.nginx.org/HttpCoreModule#types
>
> Hope this helps,
>
> Mike
>

> On 06/14/13 03:12, Silver Moon wrote:
>
> yes, i could send out headers from php itself
> but mime based header generation in the webserver itself would make things
> easier.
>
>  so finally it is impossible to achieve that ?
>
>  On Fri, Jun 14, 2013 at 8:35 AM, Host DL <hostdl at gmail.com> wrote:
>
>>  If you handle your js, css and images by php scripts you can use header
>> function to send out Expires and Cache-Control directives
>>
>>  example:
>>
>>  <?php
>> header("Cache-Control: no-cache, must-revalidate"); // HTTP/1.1
>> header("Expires: Sat, 26 Jul 1997 05:00:00 GMT"); // Date in the past
>> ?>

>  --
> Silver

Silver