munin plugin for nginx

Daniel Black daniel.black at openquery.com
Mon Jun 17 06:34:02 UTC 2013

----- Original Message -----
> I'm having some trouble getting the nginx plugin working for munin.
> I've added the following to nginx config and restarted:
>
> location /nginx_status {
> stub_status on;
> access_log off;
> allow 127.0.0.1;
> deny all;
> }
>
> I've added the following munin config:
>
> [nginx*]
> env.url http://localhost/nginx_status
>
> Unfortunately I still get:
>
> # munin-run nginx_request
> request.value U
> # munin-run nginx_status
> total.value U
> reading.value U
> writing.value U
> waiting.value U
>
> If I remove the allow/deny, I can browse to /nginx_status and I get:
>
> Active connections: 13
> server accepts handled requests
> 15 15 16
> Reading: 0 Writing: 1 Waiting: 12
>
> What could be the problem?

the munin plugin is broken or not getting the status information.

Try stracing the munin-run, network capature or turning on the access logs on /nginx_status just to be sure.

--
Daniel Black, Engineer @ Open Query (http://openquery.com)
Remote expertise & maintenance for MySQL/MariaDB server environments.