virtual server configuration

Wong Kee Wee wongkeewee at gmail.com
Tue Jun 18 05:34:49 UTC 2013

Hi Janet,

It is weird then
Once you remove the 'default' symlink and reload the config, the old
configuration should no longer take effect.

Have you tried refreshing your browser after restarting/reloading nginx?
I'm suspecting the old index page was cached by your browser

Best regards,
Wong Kee Wee

On 18/6/2013 3:59 AM, nginx-request at nginx.org wrote:
> [...]
> To: nginx at nginx.org
> Subject: Re: virtual server configuration
>
> Hi Wong
>
> I installed nginx recently and haven't changed anything in nginx.conf.
>
> It actually doesn't include /etc/nginx/sites-available/* but it does
> include /etc/nginx/sites-enabled/*, which is where I put a symbolic link
of
> my config file.
>
> user www-data;
> worker_processes 4;
> pid /var/run/nginx.pid;
>
> events {
>     worker_connections 768;
>     # multi_accept on;
> }
>
> http {
>
>     ##
>     # Basic Settings
>     ##
>
>     sendfile on;
>     tcp_nopush on;
>     tcp_nodelay on;
>     keepalive_timeout 65;
>     types_hash_max_size 2048;
>     # server_tokens off;
>
>     # server_names_hash_bucket_size 64;
>     # server_name_in_redirect off;
>
>     include /etc/nginx/mime.types;
>     default_type application/octet-stream;
>
>     ##
>     # Logging Settings
>     ##
>
>     access_log /var/log/nginx/access.log;
>     error_log /var/log/nginx/error.log;
>
>     ##
>     # Gzip Settings
>     ##
>
>     gzip on;
>     gzip_disable "msie6";
>
>     # gzip_vary on;
>     # gzip_proxied any;
>     # gzip_comp_level 6;
>     # gzip_buffers 16 8k;
>     # gzip_http_version 1.1;
>     # gzip_types text/plain text/css application/json
> application/x-javascript text/xml application/xml application/xml+rss
> text/javascript;
>
>     ##
>     # nginx-naxsi config
>     ##
>     # Uncomment it if you installed nginx-naxsi
>     ##
>
>     #include /etc/nginx/naxsi_core.rules;
>
>     ##
>     # nginx-passenger config
>     ##
>     # Uncomment it if you installed nginx-passenger
>     ##
>
>     #passenger_root /usr;
>     #passenger_ruby /usr/bin/ruby;
>
>     ##
>     # Virtual Host Configs
>     ##
>
>     include /etc/nginx/conf.d/*.conf;
>    * include /etc/nginx/sites-enabled/*;*
> }
>
> Just in case it helps I'm using Ubuntu 12.04 LTS
>
> Thanks
>

> On 17 June 2013 16:41, Wong Kee Wee <wongkeewee at gmail.com> wrote:
>
>> > Hi Janet,
>> >
>> > Can you show us the content of your nginx.conf?
>> >
>> > Do you have the 'include' directive in your nginx.conf to point to your

 Run

> -- [image: WiFi SPARK] [image: Facebook] <http://facebook.com/wifispark>
[image: Twitter]<http://twitter.com/wifispark> *Janet Valbuena* Software
Developer *t:* 0844 848 9555 | *f: *01626 834 745 *w: *wifispark.com <
http://www.wifispark.com/> WiFi SPARK Ltd, Teignbridge Business Centre,
Cavalier Road, Newton Abbot, Devon, TQ12 6TZ This message and its
attachments are deemed confidential. If you are not the intended recipient,
you are strictly prohibited to disclose, copy, distribute or take any
action in relation to the contents of this message. WiFi SPARK accepts no
liability for virus transmission, for the content of this email, or for the
consequences of any actions taken on the basis of the information provided,
unless that information is subsequently confirmed in writing.