start time is out mp4

Richard Kearsley rkearsley at blueyonder.co.uk
Sat Jun 22 15:06:23 UTC 2013

Hi
I've been able to test a few videos myself and can see it happening
Just to be clear, 99%+ seem to be fine and can seek right up to the end
But on very few, seeking is only possible up to X seconds (X could be at
any point in the video)
To seek after X, the error always happens
However if I watch the video from start to end, it downloads the full
thing and can be watched to the end (the file isn't truncated)

At this point I suppose it's either an error while creating the metadata
at the encoder software, or some odd circumstance which nginx doesn't like
The question is, which?

Thanks